Recently, I found the following articles and items regarding historic newspapers:
- Ancestry Collaborates with Gannett to Digitally Archive More Than 80 U.S. Newspapers by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - includes The Cincinnati Enquirer, Detroit Free Press, The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Tennessean and many others
- 2015 NDNP Awards Announced - Wisconsin and Delaware Join the Program! from the Chronicling America blog
- Google Custom Search for English Newspapers by Dick Eastman of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - a customized Google search engine that will search the major newspapers in England
- Taking Clues From Your Ancestor’s Ethnicity by Amy Johnson Crow at the Ancestry blog - an article from a year ago, but very pertinent and useful
- More than century of Centenary online from the Shreveport Times - college student newspapers from Centenary College
- The Dublin Gazette from 1750-1800 online by John D. Reid at Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections
- Connecticut State Library Receives New Grant for Newspaper Digitization from the Connecticut State Library
- Genealogy With Janice: Small town newspapers are a boon for family historian by Janice Nickerson at Inside Toronto
- Digital database breathes new life into newspaper archives by Venesa Brashier at Your Houston News
- How to Research Legal Notices in Newspapers for Genealogy by Gena Philibert-Ortega at the GenealogyBank blog
- Not fade away... how robots are preserving our old newspapers by Nicola Davis at The Guardian
- The National Library of Australia's Trove has updated 86 of its titles with more content. These include newspapers from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and West Australia.
- The Library of Congress' Chronicling America (which is back online after a weekend of maintenance) has updated 15 of its titles with more content from the District of Columbia and Oregon.
- In August, Findmypast added eight new titles to its Irish Newspaper Collection and 22 new titles to its British Newspaper Collection. They also updated many titles with more content in both collections.