Recently, I found the following articles regarding historic newspapers:
- Extra, Extra, Read All About It --- The Detroit News SUBJECT Index Cards are Now Online at SeekingMichigan.org by LE at MCGG and Let's Talk...Genealogy
- New additions to BAnQ’s online newspapers collection by Gail Dever at Genealogy à la carte
- The focus for The Genealogy Guys Podcast #285 was Newspaper Research. This podcast is hosted by George G. Morgan and Drew Smith. Go here for more information on how to listen to a podcast.
- Now Online: Death Notices Appearing in Lansingburgh, New York, Newspapers 1787 – 1895 by Dick Eastman of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
- Ancestry.com Launches Genealogy Website for Searching Irish Newspapers by Tyler at GenealogyInsider
- But WE know… by Judy G. Russell at The Legal Genealogist
- In search of the Eatonville Dispatch by Shawn Schollmeyer at Between the Lines (Washington State Library Blog)
- Milford (Michigan) Times Obituary Index 1929-1949 is now Online by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
- The Library of Congress' Chronicling America has updated 17 of its titles with more content from Mississippi.
- The National Library of Australia's Trove has updated 35 of its titles with more content. These include newspapers from New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, and Victoria.
- GenealogyBank added 31 new titles and updated 11 titles with more content. These include newspapers from Alabama, California, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington
- March 16 was the 188th anniversary of the founding of the first black newspaper in the United States, Freedom's Journal, which was published in New York City.