Recently, I found the following articles and items regarding historic newspapers:
- Tuesday's Tip: Use AmericanAncestors.org to Access Two Early Newspaper Collections by Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings - this is an older, but helpful, article that I meant to include in Friday Finds a while ago
- Great news for Washington Digital Newspapers! by Nono Burling at the Washington State Library blog - "The Washington State Library has been awarded a Veridian Newspaper Conversion Grant to process and present up to 10,000 newspaper images from our Historic Newspapers Collection."
- Kalkaska County (Michigan) Library’s Digital Newspaper Archive by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - featuring issues of The Leader and Kalkaskian and predecessor newspapers, from 1879 to 2012
- 90 years of McGill student newspapers being uploaded to Internet Archive by Gail Dever at Genealogy à la carte - student newspapers of McGill University in Montreal from 1911 to 2011
- Free Online Search: Digitized Welsh Newspapers by Diane Haddad at Genealogy Insider - "The National Library of Wales has updated its free Welsh Newspapers Online website with a new look and 400,000 pages from newspapers published between 1804 and 1919."
- The very best newspaper website for my genealogy is... by Paula Stuart-Warren at Genealogy by Paula - excellent advice, the same which I tell my students in my class, Finding Your Ancestors in Historical Newspapers
- Newspaper Searches Days Before the Death by Michael John Neill at Genealogy Tip of the Day - great tip, and I highly recommend subscribing to this free blog!
- The National Library of Australia's Trove has updated 227 of its titles with more content. These include newspapers from Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and West Australia.
- The Library of Congress' Chronicling America has updated 45 of its titles with more content from Idaho, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- The Oregon Digital Newspaper Program has added 24 titles to its collection from the following cities: Albany, Astoria, Corvallis, Heppner, Hood River, Monmouth, Pendleton, Prineville, Roseburg, Salem, and St. Helens.
- Findmypast has added two new titles to and updated several others from its historic Irish Newspapers collection. These include the Missionary Herald of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland, the Tyrone Constitution, and the Dublin Evening Mail. They have also added 11 new titles to their British Newspapers collection, including the Glasgow Sentinel, Lincolnshire Advertiser, Kentish Advertiser, Sheffield Iris, and the Yorkshire Early Bird. In addition, they have updated the Newcastle Journal and the Birmingham Daily Gazette.
- The Digital Library of Georgia has added the Southern Voice, the newspaper of Kennesaw State University, to its collections. The issues range from 1988 to 2010,
- The Chicago Tribune is providing a text-searchable archive of past issues from 1849 through 1991. These may eventually go being a subscription wall, so search them now!